Live and Online Bidding
If you cannot attend the auction in person you can register online with I-Bidder.com and “pre-sale” bid until half an hour before the auction. Bids left in the presale competitive bidding environment will then be processed into the live auction.
Gilbert Baitsons will notify you by email following the auction with an invoice, however, it is the responsibility of the buyer to check whether you have been successful.
Pre-sale Competitive Bidding
Presale bidding enables competitive bidding in real time prior to the commencement of the physical auction. Bidders are able to see the highest current bid through our website catalogue also receive ‘outbid notifications’ by email. When the presale bidding closes the highest bids are carried through into the live auction. Please remember that the bids placed for presale bidding are real-time bids which cannot be amended or retracted.
For online bidding, clients must register, sign in and provide credit/debit card details. Registration will also enable you to request information about a lot and send that information and images to a third party.
Live Bidding Online during the auction
You can participate live in the majority of our auctions through the I-bidder, Bidspotter and The Saleroom Platforms. The link on the home page is enabled when a catalogue is uploaded and ready to receive bids.
Absentee or Commission Bidding by Telephone
An absentee bid is a one off maximum bid which is left with the auctioneer and executed on your behalf using up the amount required to knock out any competition during the sale and against any reserve price. Presale Absentee Bidding can be done via email or a form can be collected during the viewing. This can be left with reception until half an hour before the start of the sale. This form enables you to either leave a maximum bid or participate in the sale by telephone. Absentee bids are executed by the auctioneer on your behalf. If you indicate you wish to phone bid, our staff will call you shortly before your lot is due to be sold. If you require a cover bid, which is a bid that is treated as an absentee bid only if the telephone connection fails; this can also be indicated on the form.
- Gilbert Baitson offers this service as a convenience to our clients. Gilbert Baitson will not be held responsible for error or failure to execute bids.
- Lots will be bought as reasonably as is allowed by reserves and other bids, if any, and in accordance with our terms and conditions.
- A buyer’s premium of 15% plus VAT will be added to the hammer price of all lots purchased if online there will be a 3% surcharge plus VAT.
- All goods must be paid for by 4 pm on the following working day of the sale or as otherwise stated in our catalogue.
- It is the responsibility of the buyer to check if their bids have been successful.
- Storage fees of £5.00 per lot per day will be charged for late payments/collections
- Telephone bids are subject to availability and by prior arrangement. Minimum telephone bid £20.00.
All absentee bids must be submitted a minimum of half an hour prior to the commencement of the auction.